Corona Light Can Freshen Up Your Online Life, Too Extends TV spots with 'Rut Buster!' app
Are you stuck in a rut? "Stan" and "Mark," the stars of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners' humorous ads for Corona Light, sure are. The beer, naturally, is pitched as the antidote—a dose of the unexpected to enliven their humdrum existences. Now, the agency has launched a follow-up in the form of a "Rut Buster!" Facebook app that lets you make and share customized video montages to encourage your friends to bust out of such monotonous routines. Recipients receive alerts on their walls and can opt to "bust their rut" by viewing the videos, then create responses or "bust out" other friends on their network. I tried it out, but quickly became overwhelmed by the broader irony of being stuck in a rut by spending too much time connected to the Internet and social media. I realized that participating in "Rut Buster!"—harmless, brand-building fun, to be sure—would just perpetuate my cyber-rut and fuel the online addiction of anyone to whom I sent videos. So, I think I'll take a walk instead. Get some sun and fresh air. Just as soon as I find my iPhone.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.