British Journalist Puts Ad in Chicago Tribune Telling Oprah What to Ask Lance David Walsh's continuing quest
Lance Armstrong is reportedly ready to confess to drug use in an interview being taped today with Oprah Winfrey. In the lead-up to the interview, David Walsh, sports editor of Britain's Sunday Times, placed an ad in the Chicago Tribune—Winfrey's hometown paper—offering a list of questions she should ask the disgraced cyclist. Walsh has written extensively on doping scandals in cycling and published three books about Armstrong himself—L.A. Confidentiel (written with Pierre Ballester); From Lance to Landis: Inside the American Doping Controversy at the Tour de France; and Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong, which was published last year. (An ebook, Lanced: The Shaming of Lance Armstrong, is also available at Amazon.) Considering that level of obsession, Armstrong's probably lucky he's not at the bottom of a well in Walsh's basement, being forced to rub lotion on his skin. Anyway, since the whole point of the Oprah interview is for Armstrong to kinda sorta admit he pumped himself full of who knows what, most of Walsh's questions are irrelevant. The same could be said of Armstrong, too, at this point. Via Deadspin.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Ad of the Day: Volkswagen
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- H&M Winning Raves for Having a Normal-Looking Woman Model Its Beachwear
- Ad of the Day: Samsung
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.