Booze Billboard Comes to Life at Night With Luminous UV Paint Chicago artist Pose illustrates 'Life After Dark'
Australian brewer Coopers and ad agency kwp! Advertising recently commissioned Chicago street artist and illustrator Pose to create a "Life After Dark" billboard that's visible only at night. The artwork on the billboard, promoting Coopers Dark Ale, was done with luminous UV paint, so it looks blank during the day. At night, it features a striking illustration of what happens when a bunch of comic-book characters get drunk on a merry-go-round. That's what it looks like to me, anyway. Whatever it is, I like it. I wonder if this idea came before or after the the Seattle Aquarium's UV billboard. Check out some videos documenting the "Life After Dark" process after the jump. Via The Inspiration Room.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Nikola Tesla Takes Down Silicon Valley VCs, but Will It Get Him a Statue?
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.