BBH ambushes moviegoers with first-aid ad
BBH London ambushed a live audience of moviegoers in London with this stunt PSA on behalf of St. John's Ambulance emphasizing the importance of knowing first aid. An idyllic family scene on the big screen suddenly turns ghastly when one of the daughters begins to choke on popcorn. Not knowing how to deal with the situation, the parents panic—and the mother cries for help as the girl goes limp. Suddenly, a woman stands up in the audience, shouts that she can help, and hurries backstage—she then appears on screen and saves the day. It's a clever trick that mostly redeems the unpleasant shock tactics. The audience applauds at the end, though it's unclear whether they really appreciated the experience or are just being polite to the actress as she returns to her seat. Via Osocio.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.