Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse Listed for $25 Million on Real-Estate Site Trulia helps out with Mattel campaign
If you're looking for real estate in Malibu, you'll find one very famous single-family home currented listed on Trulia.com. It has only one bedroom, and the furnishings look almost uniformly plastic, yet it's priced at a cool $25 million.
Yes, it's the Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse, the famed beachfront property where Malibu Barbie has lived since her introduction in 1971. But with Mattel preparing to unveil Barbie's new home in a playset this fall, the toy maker is now pretending to put the Malibu place on the market—with a little help from Trulia. The listing is amusing, top to bottom. "This is the only house in Malibu with a truly unobstructed view of the ocean (after all, it only has three walls) creating the ultimate in California indoor-outdoor living with stunning views from Point Dume to the Queen's Necklace," it says. "This is the only home in Malibu with a self-flushing toilet and fireplace that crackles even when it's not on … [and] an array of action-packed beach toys from the hottest surfboards to jazzy watercraft (all sold separately)."
If $25 million seems a little steep, you can still pick up a replica on Amazon for $154.99.
- Mozilla Moves Ahead With Do Not Track Browser
- Twitter Snags Local Social Discovery Firm Spindle
- Brands Can Use Images in Facebook Comments, Too
- Elle's Robbie Myers on Women's Magazines and Serious Journalism
- 'Dumb Ways to Die' Train Keeps Rolling, as It Wins Grand Prix in Radio
- Baseball Legend Vin Scully Pinch Hits on Twitter
- Bud Light Moves to BBDO
- Senators Press FCC to Move On Sports Blackout Issue
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Annie Leibovitz Revisits Her Famous Photo of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Draftfcb and Pereira & O'Dell Each Win a Grand Prix in Cyber Category
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, but I Will Take Your Money
- Apple Finds Its Footing Again With Evocative Film About Third-Party iOS Apps
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- Bud Light Moves to BBDO
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.