Apple's iPhone TV Ads: The Complete Campaign All 89 TBWA spots so far, beginning with the first teaser
- Privacy Groups Ask FTC to Halt Facebook's Acquisition of WhatsApp
- Eric Danetz Named Publisher of Fortune
- FCC Takes Aim at TV Joint Sales Deals
- Deutsch L.A. Launches First 7UP Ad
- What Fast-Growing Trivia App Didn't Have an Android Version Until Today?
- Jack Griffin Named CEO of Tribune Publishing
- Oreo Uses Twitter to Make 3D Cookies at SXSW
- Broadcasters Quash Proposal to Change Basic Tier Rule [Updated]
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- A Woman's Day, Seen Through Glass, Ends Brutally in This Shocking Video
- Finally, a Japanese Ad That's Both Surprising and Surprisingly Awesome
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- Here Are the Finalists for the Year's Best Brands on Twitter, Vine and Everywhere Else
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: March 1-7
- Better Than the Real Thing? These Diet Coke Ads Are Absolutely About Drugs
- Arby's Dishes on Awesome Pharrell Williams Tweets
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.
Apple's "Get a Mac" campaign for the Macintosh computer, starring Justin Long and John Hodgman, set the bar for creativity in tech advertising. Created by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, it was simply the best TV ad campaign of the last decade, and the best advertising comedy series ever. But in its wake, client and agency have quietly built up a remarkable campaign for the iPhone, now the company's signature product. Without much fanfare, the iPhone campaign has surpassed its predecessor in terms of volume of work—"Get a Mac" lasted for 66 spots over four years (watch them all here), wrapping up its run in October 2009; the iPhone campaign is now entering its sixth year, and is up to 84 spots and counting. [Note: We are updating this feature as more iPhone ads are released. The count is now 89.] "Get a Mac" was beloved for its characters and wry humor. And while the iPhone work may lack that same level of charm—it is, at its heart, merely a series of product demonstrations—it is just as exquisitely produced and in many ways more varied. It's hard to think of a product that's had a greater impact on the culture in the past five years than the iPhone. Thanks to TBWA, it's gotten remarkable advertising to match. At the link below, check out all the spots that have aired so far, beginning with the first teaser up through today.
Gallery: Apple's iPhone TV Ads, the Complete Campaign