Another unfortunate celebrity baby name
Add another weird celebrity baby name to the list, which already includes Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s girl) and Indiana August (Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix’s offspring—we can’t tell the gender from the name, and frankly, we’re not going to waste time looking it up). Penn Jillette, the talking half of comedy/magic duo Penn & Teller (shown here), has named his new baby girl Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette. “What the #%@&?!” you ask. Jillette explains: “We chose her middle name because when she’s pulled over for speeding she can say, ‘But officer, we’re on the same side.’ My middle name is CrimeFighter.” Who will put this man in a straitjacket, dump him in a sealed tank of water, and throw away the key?
—Posted by Lisa van der Pool
Photo: Ken Regan/Feature Photo Service/Newscom
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.