All-star spoof shows tender side of G.I. Joe
This might be the first Web video that stars bigger-name actors than the big-screen blockbuster it's spoofing. "The Ballad of G.I. Joe," a Funny or Die exclusive, shows us the softer side of the action flick's heroes and villains. The cast features Hollywood heavies like Billy Crudup and Julianne Moore, but look who else: Henry Rollins (as Duke), Zach Galifianakis (as Snow Job), Olivia Wilde (smokin' hot as the Baroness), Firefly's Alan Tudyk (as Shipwreck), Gilmore Girl Alexis Biedel (as Lady Jaye) and mixed martial artist Chuck Liddell (as Gung Ho). If they had managed to rope in Christopher Eccleston, I would have a good excuse to skip the real movie altogether. Hat tip to Cleolinda Jones.
—Posted by David Griner
- Bonnier Acquires Source Interlink's Motorcycle Titles, Sells TransWorld Group
- It’s Official: Deborah Turness Named President of NBC News
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Young Tumblr Marketers Have Strong Advice for Yahoo
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Ziff Davis Nabs NetShelter
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- TripAdvisor Hires Shops for Its First Offline Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Coca-Cola
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- PETA's Incredibly Lifelike CGI Ape Begs You Never to Use Real Ones in Ads Again
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Shopper Marketing Is Going Mainstream
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- Can the Empire State Building Brand Its View?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.