Ad for Alabama Football Museum Reveals Downside to All Those Trophies Where do you keep them?
Here in Alabama, our unshakable dominance over college football has become practically ridiculous. And while the clip below is supposed to be a farce, there's a certain amount of believability to it. The University of Alabama's Paul W. Bryant Museum created the video, "So Many Trophies, So Little Space," last year to celebrate the state's long legacy of pigskin prowess. But it's is even more true to life this week, as the Crimson Tide celebrate their third national football championship in four years—a streak broken only by in-state rival Auburn's 2010 title. That said, the best part of the spot refers to a different sport: basketball. In a cameo at the end, Alabama student Jack Blankenship shows off "The Face" that quickly made him a fan favorite and opponents' pet peeve at last season's games.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.