Ad for Alabama Football Museum Reveals Downside to All Those Trophies Where do you keep them?
Here in Alabama, our unshakable dominance over college football has become practically ridiculous. And while the clip below is supposed to be a farce, there's a certain amount of believability to it. The University of Alabama's Paul W. Bryant Museum created the video, "So Many Trophies, So Little Space," last year to celebrate the state's long legacy of pigskin prowess. But it's is even more true to life this week, as the Crimson Tide celebrate their third national football championship in four years—a streak broken only by in-state rival Auburn's 2010 title. That said, the best part of the spot refers to a different sport: basketball. In a cameo at the end, Alabama student Jack Blankenship shows off "The Face" that quickly made him a fan favorite and opponents' pet peeve at last season's games.
- Twofifteenmccann's Parsons Joins The Factory
- Germany's Serviceplan Repeats as Grand Prix Winner in Design
- Facebook Updates Page Insights, Breaks Out 'PTAT'
- 'Dumb Ways to Die' Train Keeps Rolling, as It Wins Grand Prix in Radio
- BuzzFeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
- Newsy Officially Announces Partnership With MSN
- Facebook Now Has 1 Million Advertisers
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Draftfcb and Pereira & O'Dell Each Win a Grand Prix in Cyber Category
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, but I Will Take Your Money
- Annie Leibovitz Revisits Her Famous Photo of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab Earns Press Grand Prix for Apple's iPad Mini Ads
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- MTV Study Shows Varying Attitudes Within Millennial Generation
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs Pitches Revolt and Tells Advertisers How to Be Cool
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.