Actor in swine-flu PSA falls ill with swine flu
The actor who fake-sneezes his way through a gross U.K. Department of Health swine-flu advisory (posted below) has himself been stricken with the swine flu. "I was supposed to 'Catch it. Bin it. Kill it,' " says David McCusker, above, referring to the U.K. swine-flu tagline. "But instead I've been shivering, shaking and spreading it." McCusker, 30, quarantined himself upon getting the diagnosis, for health reasons and perhaps also due to embarrassment. "I've been getting lots of stick from mates," he admits.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- Meet the Most Suspect Publishers on the Web
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.