'60s model Evelyn Kuhn sues over Stella ad
Mother London's recent work for Stella has an authentic 1960s vibe. Perhaps too authentic. The New York Post reports that Evelyn Kuhn, one of the world's first supermodels, is suing Corbis, the stock-photography company, after a 1963 photo of her popped up in a Stella campaign ad this past March. The ad is thought to be the one shown here, posted on Ad Broad—with what appears to be Kuhn in the upper-right image. The photo was reportedly taken in 1963 during a shoot for Polydor Records in which Kuhn wore a gold-lamé dress. Corbis says Kuhn lawsuit is "without merit." Not so Jacques d'Azur, the star of that Stella campaign, which was tied to the Cannes Film Festival. Jacques, a kind of World's Most Interesting Man Lite, is oozing in merit, as well as chicks.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Nearly Half of Second-Gen Hispanics Feel Like Ads Don't Target Them
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.