36 Most-Viral Apple Ads Ever A celebration of the company's 36th birthday on Sunday
- Digital Project Manager GLOW Digital Agency New York
- Newsroom Administrator/Payments Clerk American Media 10004, New York City
- Partnership Manager, TV Acxiom New York City, New York
- Citybuzz Preditor VIDICOM New York City, New York (US)
- Development and Strategic Partnerships Consultancy - Measure of America SSPR Brooklyn, New York
AdFreak is a daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd.
Apple was founded on April Fools' Day in 1976. But in advertising, as in almost everything else, it's been no fool at all. To celebrate the company's 36th birthday, Unruly Media has put together a ranking of the most-shared Apple videos of all time. We've pulled out the ads and product-introduction videos (leaving aside the live events), and below present the 36 most-viral spots the company has done in its history. (Most were created by TBWA\Media Arts Lab.) Clearly, ranking the ads based on sharing favors the more recent work—and yet "1984" and the "Crazy Ones" spot from the "Think different" campaign both make the top four. Beyond that, it's mostly iPhone and iPad spots. Alas, there's nary a Hodgman or a Long in sight. Be sure to check out No. 19 for pure vintage hilarity.