The 10 most-read AdFreak posts of the year
Looking back on 2009, certain topics really struck a chord with AdFreak readers. Specifically: terrorism, loose women, Jesus, old computer ads, condoms and genital shaving. Below is a list of the 10 most-read AdFreak stories of 2009. Which is a great help in giving us some direction for 2010.
10. Gillette video teaches art of genital shaving
9. Progressive's Flo: I'm not trying to be sexy
8. Use a condom, thwart that evil Hitler sperm
7. Pringles banner ad worth a few dozen clicks
6. 13,750-square-foot iPod board goes missing
5. The 10 best celebrity computer ads of the 1980s
4. Christ's death helps out Safeway customers
3. Brewer's ad turns Snow White into Ho White
2. DDB, WWF reeling from fallout over 9/11 ad
1. The 30 freakiest commercials of 2009
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.